Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm not cut out to be a brain surgeon

I'm finished with my neurology rotation! I've decided the whole nervous system thing is way too complicated for my tiny little brain to understand. I had some really great patients, but the cases either did really well or circled the drain and made me depressed. Now I move on to soft tissue surgery, which should be interesting because I love soft tissue surgery, but the word on the street is that it is a tough rotation. When I show up at 6:30 am the soft tissue students are there, and when I leave at 8pm at night, the soft tissue students are still there. Sounds like it will be tough cases and very little sleep, good times.


It's a lovely day outside, so I opened all the windows in the livingroom, much to the delight of the cats. There must have been something extra exciting out there. After I got home from school this morning, I made a big batch of pancakes, mmm. After the carbs digest a bit, I'm going to take Grom for a run in the park. The weather is too nice to pass up, and I might not get a chance to see daylight again for awhile. After soft tissue surgery, I have internal medicine, another killer, so I won't be leaving CS for a long time, which is sad because I haven't been able to see Marc for almost a month. With studying for boards and applying for residency programs added on top of all this, my stress level has been running at overdrive. I'm going to go feel sorry for myself and take a pre-run nap.

PS I love the new Myspace music layout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.