Monday, July 27, 2009

So far so good

The branching out into a new city with a new job has been going surprisingly well. New Orleans is fun, my neighbors are friendly, work is rewarding/challenging, and it actually rains here. I've been trying to keep busy and experience all that the city offers. A coffeehouse down the block offered free amateur music and terrible coffee. The most amusing act of the night was an old man dressed in coyote skins and feathers playing a harp made out of the jawbone of an animal. Very odd. I also entered my first trail run, the Spillway Classic. It was muddy and strenuous, and after the race there was free beer and a spray down by the fire department. I found the cheapest, and freshest seafood in town (it was still crawling around in the bucket), got a library card, watched some Shakespeare, and got lost on a 3 hour bike ride around the city. I plan on doing some birdwatching (and not falling in the swamp/getting eaten by a gator) and maybe going to the LA AKC dog show this weekend. Right now I'm listening to Lucinda Williams and looking forward to the Green Day show in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.