Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Birds and shit and stuff


Marc and I went birding on Tuesday morning before the rodeo. We drove out to High Island and saw some pretty cool birds. I saw a barn owl, anhingas, common moorhens, a female red-winged black bird, a female common yellow-throated warbler, and lots of yellow-rumped warblers all of which I had never seen before. We also went out to egret island and watched the great egrets, roseate spoonbills, and cormorants building their nests.

In the evening we went to the rodeo and looked at the cows in the livestock show. The best part was seeing the cutest little pig dive into a swimming pool. I wanted to kiss it's little nose it was so precious.

I've got a busy rest of the week. I'm going to study all day Thursday and Friday morning, go to the nursing home for St. Pat's celebrations, and then dance my butt off at Numbers Friday night. Then it's back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.