Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rocking in the corner

Doing badly on a test makes for a bad week. Doing badly on three tests in one week makes me sit in a fetal postition in the corner rocking. My classmates and I are getting really burned out. Having always been an overacheiver, I've never done the calculating the grade needed on the final to get a passing grade in a class thing, but I find myself doing that for every class now. I've always been a bit high strung about school, but I'm the easy going one in my class. There are bets being made about who's going to be the first one to have a nervous breakdown and drop out of school. (Or actually the third person to drop out since we had two students leave during the first few weeks of school, but they probably didn't want to be there anyways.) I wonder how some of these people are going to make it through 7 more semesters.

I don't understand why some of my classmates act the way they do sometimes. One girl in my micro. group is so anal about every procedure, even the steps that have no outcome on the results of the expirament such as writing our group name on the petri dishes to identify them. "You didn't write the name in the right place, what if the bacteria refuse to grow because they don't like the way you wrote on the outside of the petri dish!" The funny thing is that regardless if our expirament succeeds or fails we get full credit for showing up and doing the work, so who the fuck cares!

Well, I guess I'm done ranting for today. Go see Harry Potter on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.