Monday, April 03, 2006

The movie star...

I had a busy weekend, and the pace hasn't stopped so far this week. Last Friday I had a ceremony at school where we get presented with our white clinic coats. They're all pretty and embroidered, and it's supposed to represent our surviving the first year of school. My parents drove up to see it and I'm standing on the stage all dressed up waiting for my coat when the speaker calls out..."Ginger Dewbek"...I was kinda pissed, especially since I had told them how to pronounce my name prior to the event. Sigh, how embarrassing.

The rest of the weekend was nice though. I drove to Houston and saw Marc. I couldn't convince him to go out to Numbers but we had a nice evening at home, and it was good to see him nevertheless. I had to drive back to College Station for a reptile wet lab which was pretty cool. We dissected some snakes and an iguana, and then did some procedures on live animals. One girl got bit by an anaconda, fun times.

I'm pretty busy this week too. I've got a horse palpation test coming up next week, so I'm practicing every chance I can get. The practice horse is kinda feisty though. I think he can smell my fear. I have a test this week too, kinda worried about it. This weekend is the vet school open house so I won't be able to drive to Houston. Alas. Well that's all that's going on in my world at the moment.

I just bought Broken Social Scene's "You Forgot It In People" and Goldfrapp's "Felt Mountain." I'm gonna give them a listen and let you know what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.