Friday, May 11, 2007

The Hardest Semester

is finally over! And I even surprised myself by finishing out with all A's and B's. Last week Marc took me to New Orleans to see the sights and visit the kin folks. It's nice to have a guy with a steady paycheck because I'm poor as dirt right now. My only contribution to the trip was some fast food during the drive. It sucks not having any money, and I feel bad about asking my family for help because my dad just lost his job. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get a good rate on a grad plus loan for next year.

But on to happier thoughts. Like how I'm going to San Antonio next month to intern at the Southwest National Primate Research Center. I get to shadow a laboratory animal veterinarian and work on a small research project with marmosets. I'm also moving to a new place in July which costs the same amount as my efficiency apartment but has double the square footage and a big backyard. I'm hoping that if I make enough money during the summer that I can adopt a dog from the animal shelter. I'm thinking that a big, intimidating looking dog would be good company and protection since I'm moving to a semi-shady part of Bryan.

As soon as I go through my New Orleans pics I'll post some good ones and give some more info about the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.