Saturday, December 09, 2006

Raging migraine from hell

That was the highlight of my day. I went to the post office and did a little bit of Christmas shopping at the mall before work today. It was extremely busy at the mall. I would say almost as bad as the day after thanksgiving at some points. So I worked my ass off for my $6.30 an hour today. Then, about an hour and a half before the end of my shift came the raging migraine from hell. Somehow I made it through the end of my shift and somehow made the drive home with my head throbbing and my stomach nauseated. As soon as I opened the door to my apartment a horrible onion-like smell hit me, and I had to high tail it to the porcelain throne to expel my gut contents. Throwing up did make me feel a little better although it did nothing for the headache. I opened up the windows, lit my aromatic oil warmer, and crashed in my bed for a couple of hours.

As a side note, I have no idea where the horrid smell came from. I had just cleaned the rat's cage, Queso's litter box, and taken out the trash the day before so I know it couldn't be coming from any of those areas. Other theories: something rotten in my sink drains (I poured liberal amounts of vinegar down both drains to rule out that option), or something wafting from a neighbor's apartment which is very possible since many of my neighbors are out of town now that school is out. And since I had my a/c off all day the warm, unmoving air in my apartment only enhanced the icky smell.

So that was my exciting Saturday. I'm dirt poor so I have to work every day for the next month to be able to afford my bills and Christmas presents, and I don't get to see Marc much. But to end this post on a positive note, I'm feeling 70% better, and I get to see Marc in 5 days for the annual Christmas party.

I'm listening to Menomena right now. They are supposed to be coming out with a new album soon. I heart geeky, indie rock boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.