Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another week goes by

But an eventful one nevertheless. I have one more present to buy, and one coming in the post before I can say that I am officially done with Christmas shopping. I am done with all of my Christmas cards though. I went to the annual zoo Christmas party last Thursday. I had a good time even though I wasn't drinking. The food was amazing as usual, and the music sucked as usual. I enjoyed getting to see some of my old coworkers again, and I think Marc had a good time as well. I'd managed to get Saturday off from work because I was expecting to participate in another AIV survey on the Gulf Coast, but the plans fell through at the last minute, and I was stuck with a whole empty Saturday of nothing to do. So of course I high tailed it back down to H-town to spend some quality time with Marc. We had a lovely dinner and he started to teach me how to drive standard. I feel like a failure, but Marc said I did well for a first try. He was also a wonderfully patient teacher, even when his beloved car was screaming for mercy. I'm glad that it is only one more week until Christmas! Although that means that it is only two more weeks until school starts up again.

I've also discovered my new calling...Bollywood actress. Apparently I have the look for it.

Right now I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. I was somewhat skeptical about a book about rabbits, but now I think it is a lovely and captivating book. I'm also listening to Wolfmother. I like the old school heavy drum and bass thing that they've got going. They've definately got a different sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.