Sunday, December 18, 2005

Such Great Heights

The title is a Postal Service song that should be listened to. Melancholy and heartfelt, but utterly dance worthy beat going on. Rock on. I had another relatively uneventful weekend in Houston. Friday I had a delicious sushi dinner with my love at Nippon on Montrose. The salmon was fabulous and the chef snuck a large wad of wasabi under my octopus. I like it when they do that, it keeps you on your toes. Saturday I went to the annual family Christmas party at my aunt's house. There are a lot of babies in my family which creates an odd sense of nostalgia to see them ripping through their presents. The last time there were young kids in the family was when my brother and I were the youngsters. I got a lovely set of dishtowels and a terra cotta planter during the white elephant gift exchange. Marc had to work that day so I brought some chocolate yumyums home for him to partake of. Then we went out to dinner at Felix on Westheimer with a couple of his friends who very kindly gave me a gift certificate. Later we met up with Billy for a glass of wine at Agora which had an interesting atmosphere. Kinda old west bar meets trendy coffee shop with a sprinkling of greek tragedy just to shake things up a bit. Now I'm back in College Station. Apparently the majority of the population of College Station took the opportunity to run away while I was gone. Things are pretty quiet around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.