Monday, January 16, 2006

1st week down...

Well I made it through the first week back to school. Unfortunately I'm lacking that giddy excitment that marked the beginning of last semester and instead there is a little marble of dread lodged behind my sternum that this spring is going to suck. My classes don't seem interesting but they do have the potential to be hard as hell. It's times like these that I wish I was still on my happy pills. I'm also worried about a classmate who is even more depressed than I am. I'm afraid that she's going to drop out soon because she's really not happy here. It's sad to think that she might not be a part of our class anymore. We've already lost 6 members of the class and while not all of them made an impression in my memory, a few will be genuinely missed.

This past weekend was nice. Not too much excitment, but i did get a lovely hour long massage, and spent the evening at the Houston Museum of Fine Art's Basquiat exhibition party. Cool art, wierd people, free drinks. What more could you want? I spent the rest of the weekend watching football and studying. I've still got a ton of work to do, so I guess I should stop wasting time online and get my books out.

Right now I'm listening to a lot of electronica amongst other things, maybe I'm the drag queen after all. Here's a sample:

NIN - March of the Pigs
Fischerspooner - Emerge
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
The Distillers - The Hunger
Mirah - The Light
Goldfrapp - Utopia
Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
Andy Bell - Crazy
Ladytron - Seventeen
Delerium - Incantation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.