Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I wish I was her



The semester is winding down but my stress level is still running strong. I got a nosebleed after my test today which is a good sign that I need to chill out a little bit. Looking back over the past year amuses me to think about how dependent upon caffeine I have become. I used to drink a cup of tea once, maybe twice a day. Then I graduated to 4 cups of tea a day, then coffee, and now red bull. I was scared of trying the "energy" drinks but after the first one I was hooked. How quickly we fall to the dark side.

In other news I've had the fourth plague descend upon my apartment. (That would be flies and not frogs or locusts or the black death which would be quite a story but more problematic) I wouldn't be surprised if God decided to rain his wrath upon me, but I think my uninvited guests are a result of all the holes in my window screens.

I also caught my stove on fire again. I was boiling some water while unloading my dishwasher, and when I turned around there were flames coming out of the burner. (I have an electric range by the way) Panicking as usual (See the "Burning down the house" entry) I neglected to remember that I had a fire extinguisher, or that I could even use the pot I was holding in my hand to evert over the fire and smother it. So I poured water on it which made the grease on the burner flare up even higher. The flames did subside and I was left with a smoke filled apartment and had to open the windows, which was the leading cause of the previous scenario.

I'm listening to the new Placebo album and Buena Vista Social Club at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.