Thursday, June 29, 2006

Burning Teflon is my anti-drug

It's been awhile since I tried to set my apartment on fire. Probably a record for me actually. I got home from yoga and decided to have a nice cup of tea before bed, so I put the tea kettle on the stove to boil, and then settled in front of the computer for a little internet stalking while I waited. Soon a burning smell started wafted around me. It took awhile for me to catch on that something was really burning in my apartment and maybe I should go into the kitchen and check it out. Finally, coming to my senses, I went to the kitchen to find that I had not turned on the burner under the tea kettle, but rather the burner over which an empty frying pan was sitting. I think I ruined my skillet, and now the stench of charred teflon has filled my apartment. I am starting to seriously doubt my ability to live alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a teflon accident like yours, but mine was much worse. I put a 2 quart pot to boil with some raw chicken. Then I left to buy some other ingredients at the grocery store. When I got back, the smoke alarm was going off, my cats were cowering in corners of the apt and the whole apt (all doors open of course) was filled with that smell of burned teflon! Now i need to re-wash my whole closet and all my bed linens.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.