Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer shouldn't have deadlines

I decided that I had put off writing my abstract for the research conference at LSU long enought, so after yoga tonight I sat my butt down and typed out all 1,678 characters of it and sent it to my mentor for proofreading. It's past my bedtime but now I'm feeling energized and fulfilled. I may not have any results and my experiment is going to hell, but I have one fine abstract. Sadly this is the most exciting event occurring in my life at the moment. The conference is less than a month away, looming steadily closer to the time when I'll stand up in front of hundreds of people and make a fool of myself. In reality all of us are feeling the same way as we helplessly watch our experiments fail before our eyes. Research is very frustrating to say the least. I'm glad that I figured it out now instead of after I tried to make a career out of it.

On a happier note, I made a cd for Marc of gloomy songs to brighten his day. I call it Disturbing Delights:
1. All That Remains - And Death In My Arms
2. Rasputina - Doomsday Averted
3. White Stripes - One More Cup Of Coffee
4. Joy Division - Disorder
5. Siouxsie and The Banshees - Eve White/Eve Black
6. Severed Heads - Chiens Annex
7. David Bowie - I'm Deranged
8. Mazzy Star - Ghost Highway
9. Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
10. P.J. Harvey - Down By The Water
11. Rasputina - Transylvanian Concubine
12. The Cure - Same Deep Water As You
13. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Scarecrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.