Friday, April 21, 2006

Summer Stage

My last few tests have been going really well, and I'm somewhat at a loss as to why considering that I've been rather lazy lately. The apathy and exhaustion has settled down on myself and my classmates. I think that next week will be the wake up call when everyone collectively realizes that there is only one week until finals. If you're looking for me next week I'll be holed up in a stifling corner of the library or the anatomy lab probably undergoing a mild panic attack.

Apparently some of the professors have been expressing their disappointment at the performance of my class this year. Last year's class were superstars that set the bar for high grades in every class. Our class has set the bar for number of students that have dropped out or failed out in one year. Some of the faculty have described us as "whiners," "unprofessional," "a disappointment," and essentially the cause of a complete renovation of the selection and interview process. Yikes. I am rather saddened by this because I know that most of the people in my class work really hard and deserve to be here. We can't help it that a lot of losers managed to sneak in under the radar. Another thing that they haven't taken into consideration is that our class has an extra 4 hour class on it's schedules compared to the previous classes. One extra class doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's the difference between a 17 hour semester and a 21 hour semester. Regardless of the reason, I say if you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen. Bitches.

I found out that my kitty Queso has early stage diabetes and has to go on a special diabetes management diet. I'm glad that I get it cheap at school because it costs 3 times as much from the vet. Poor old man.

Fun fact of the day! My physiology professor told us that the little white M on the m and m candies is made of a highly toxic titanium paint. But since it's such a tiny amount that you are actually ingesting it's considered safe enough to eat. Fun times. (side note: I've found that the longer I'm in vet school, the more I want to become a vegetarian. I already switched from cow milk to soy milk when I found out that a lot of bacteria including the organism responsible for Johne's disease and probably Crone's disease survives the pasturization process.) Anyway I've got another test today so it's time to squeeze in a few more precious minutes of cramming.

My latest musical obsession: The Walkmen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



I don't bite...hard.